- Homemade "Bisquick" Mix
- 10 cups (2350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) shortening
- Sift dry ingredients together. With a pastry blender (or two knives) or food processor. Add shortening in spoonfuls and cut into dry ingredients until the texture of coarse cornmeal. Keep mixture stored in an airtight container. It will keep well for 3 months on shelf or longer in refridgerator. Use as you would Bisquick or biscuit mix.
- I found this on the internet last year but not sure who to credit it to. I haven't tried yet but sounds like a frugal idea.