- An Awesome Cookie!
- David Heppner
Serves/Makes:2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (225 ml) (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 bag (11 or 12 oz (336 grm).) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) macadamia nuts, chopped.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.) F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Stir together flour, and the baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop by rounded tsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- (Edges are golden brown and center is set.)
- Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
- CHOCOLATE VERSION:
(This is one I highly recommend.)
For delicious chocolate cookies, omit 1/2 cup flour and add 1/2 cup cocoa. This chocolate version is really awesome!