- 1 cup (225 ml) Carolina rice
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- cinnamon on top
- Put milk, sugar and rice into a large pot, let it come to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, stir often (heat at least an hour)
- Add nutmeg.
- Meantime in a bowl beat the eggs and vanilla.
- When rice mixture is cooked to a thick consistency, fold egg mixture into the rice mixture and TURN OFF HEAT!!!
- Pour into a large bowl or individual serving bowls
- You may add raisins to rice after it is cooked, but i prefer it without it.
Got this recipe from my Mom never liked rice pudding but do now. Hope that you enjoy!!!