- William Bohannon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 flour tortillas
- Flour paste 2 Tbs (30 ml) Flour + 1 Tbs (15 ml) water
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cherries garnish
- Oil for frying
- Small deep fryer
- The night before they are to be served place one scoop of ice cream on each tortilla and wrap into a nice little round package.
- Make sure that your scoops of ice cream are solid not hollow in center.
- Use a little flour and water paste to glue it shut.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap tightly and put back into the freezer. Freeze them solid overnight.
- WARNING- They should remain frozen until just prior to frying.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Remove plastic from one and place it in the oil for 20 seconds.
- Remove from oil and place in bowl.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle on some honey.
- Add whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Top with cherry and serve.
- Make them one at a time from start to finish unless you have a large fryer.
You are not actually frying the ice cream.
You are browning a tortilla quickly before the ice cream has a chance to melt.
Allow the oil to reach 375 degrees before frying the next one.
Good Luck on your school project!