- Meat cooked in gravy and served over rice or noodles
- Margaret Roberts
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 round steak, cut into small cubes and fat removed
- 1 can beef consume
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). container sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce (optional)
- 1 soup can of water
- cooked rice or noodles
- Cut round steak into 1" cubes--the meat cuts easier if the meat is slightly frozen.
- Melt butter in large skillet or Dutch oven, add meat and onions and cook until meat is just brown and onions transparent.
- Add beef consume, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and water.
- Cook over low heat,covered, until meat is really tender, I usually cook mine for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the gravy is thicken.
- It needs to be stirred every so often.
- Just before serving stir in sour cream--blends in better if the sour cream is room temperature.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- My mother made this for special Sunday dinners and my family loves it, too.
I usually fix both rice and noodles as some of my family likes rice and some noodles.