Black Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) salsa
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Greek oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- cooked rice or pasta, optional
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add garlic and saute briefly.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and simmer 30 minutes or so.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
- Enjoy. Nice to have a good meal that comes completely from the pantry.