- Joe Mullany
- 6 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 (8 oz (224 grm).) package Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut slice from stem end of tomatoes.
- Scoop out inside and leave shell intact.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is transparent and not browned.
- Add tomato pulp and cook 10 minutes.
- Add stuffing, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss lightly.
- Stuff tomato shells with mixture.
- Bake in a dish with a small amount of butter and water in bottem for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Chattanooga Free Press, June 2, 1999