- Fried or Baked, my kids love these
- Kristina Satterfield
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips or chunks
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- oregano (optional)
- marinara sauce (optional for dipping)
- Combine flour, cheese, and spices in a bag or bowl for coating Chicken.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg, then place in flour mixture.
- After pieces are competely covered, place in hot oil if frying or in shallow oil on a cookie sheet if baking.
- If baking, cook at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes, turning the pieces over half way though.
- Can be served with a variety of dipping sauces or marinara.
- This recipe can be fried or baked and the cheese can be omited.
The coating is also great on regular fried chicken and pieces of pork or beef.
Though the cheese can be omited, this recipe loses the particular taste and texture that made it popular with my family.
It's also quck to prep and cook and kids can help.