- Sheila Lacomba
- Vanilla Ice Cream or your favorite flavor
- Crushed corn flakes
- Cinnamon sugar
- Caramel syrup
- Whipped cream
- Crush the cornflakes and add cinnamon sugar to taste.
- Roll the ice cream in balls (approx 1 cup (225 ml) of ice cream) and roll into the cornflake mixture to coat.
- Allow to refreeze very hard on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Drop balls into very hot oil for 2-3 seconds.
- Remove and serve immediately with caramel syrup and whipped cream.
- I used to work in a Mexican restaurant where this dessert was served.
When rolling the ice cream balls, we worked in the large walk-in freezer
to keep the ice cream from melting. You'll probably have to roll 1-2
and keep going back in the freezer to retrieve the ice cream. Good
luck on your class project.