- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh spinach, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pastina
- parmesan cheese
- In a big covered pot, cook chicken for 1 hour in enough water to cover.
- Add onion and salt and pepper and a piece of celery if you like.
- Take chicken out and let cool, discard onion and celery and strain broth.
- Pick chicken off bone into small bite size pieces and add to broth.
- Add Pastina and carrots to broth cook about 10 minutes.
- With ground beef, make tiny meatballs; you can add a little parmesan cheese and add to broth.
- Add fresh spinach.
- Scramble eggs and chop; add to broth.
- Mix all together and serve with parmesan cheese.