- olive oil
- thyme or basil
- Remove loose leaves from garlic head.
- Cut off top of garlic piercing all cloves.
- Drizzle olive oil over top.
- Sprinkle with thyme or basil.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, to taste.
- Set in garlic baker and cover with lid, or wrap in foil.
- Place in a cold oven. Bake 300 degrees (150 C.) for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and bake 20 minutes until brown lightly.
- Basting occasionally with olive oil will enhance browning.
- Serve on good Italian type Crusty bread. Just squish a clove
on the bread and spread. Great with a salad or add to sauces.