- Succulent roasted pork in the oven.
- Old Family Recipe
Serves/Makes:varies depending on pork
- pork shoulders or butts
- cloves of garlic
- coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) liquid smoke
- sauces of choice
- Determine how much meat you want to prepare and rinse thoroughly.
- Take a sharp thin knife and make several pockets about an inch deep in each piece of meat.
- Insert cloves of garlic in these pockets.
- Rub the meat down with liquid smoke (available in most grocery stores with condiments) and coarse black pepper.
- Cover loosely with foil and cook at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 6 hours.
- Serve with pineapple sauce, or mince pork and add barbeque sauce.
- I was raised near Smithfield VA and we ate more than our fair share of pork. The biggest mistake people make is not cooking it slowly enough or long enough. It is very versatile as I have noted at the end of the recipe. If the roast isn't finished at dinner, make barbeque for the next days lunch!