- Low Fat
- Angela Creighton
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) red-pepper flakes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried parsley
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg). spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook onions and bacon in large saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook for one minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and parsley and bring to boil.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.