- Angela Creighton
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups (475 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and stir until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread batter into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Cut warm brownies into 2" squares.
- Cool completely in pan.