Broccoli With Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 bunches fresh broccoli crowns or 1 large frozen package of broccoli
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cheddar cheese
- half and half
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sour cream
- Cook broccoli according to directions or until al dente if fresh.
- Meanwhile grate 3/4 pound of the Cheddar cheese.
- In a medium saucepan, melt Cheddar cheese, with about 1/8 cup (30 ml) half and half.
- Add ground black pepper, about 7 turns on pepper mill.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add sour cream, blend until heated,
- Serve cheddar cheese sauce over broccoli, kids will eat it.
- You will enjoy this too! Sauce is also good for Brussels sprouts or cauliflower, even elbows or medium shells. Hope you enjoy, hope your kids enjoy more.