Favorite Cheesecake Squares
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) margarine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) multicolored milk chocolate candies
- Beat margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and walnuts; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture
- onto bottom of 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed
- until well blended.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Layer 1/2 cup (125 ml) candy over crust; top with cream cheese mixture.
- Combine remaining (chopped) candy, and reserved crumb mixture;
- mix well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 minutes.