- Crab meat casserole
- K. Goins
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 pimentos, diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dry sherry
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lump crab meat, picked over to remove bits of shell and cartilage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix diced pepper and pimentos.
- Add salt, pepper, mustard, 3 tbsp (45 ml) mayonnaise, eggs, and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sherry; mix well.
- Carefully fold the crab meat into the pepper mixture so as not to break up the pieces of crab.
- Add the remaining sherry.
- Place the mixture in a buttered casserole.
- Coat the top of the casserole with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Recipe from The New York Times Heritage Cookbook.