Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
- Kate Ransdell
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzerella
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl toss together the garlic, basil, salt and olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Alternate sliced tomatoes and slices of FRESH mozzerella on small salad plate.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- I suppose you could use regular, grocery store-type mozzerella in this, but using fresh makes all the difference in the world. Same goes for the basil -- use only fresh. This is also excellent if you dice the tomatoes and mix in with the olive oil, etc. I then use it as a topping on fresh-baked focaccia bread, topped with a piece of fresh mozzerella and a fresh basil leaf. Excellent appetizer.