- Jack Tanksley
Serves/Makes:As many as you want.
- Edamame Beans (as required)
- You can purchase these soy beans in their pods in the frozen vegetable section of major grocery stores or Japanese grocery stores.
- Place the beans on a steamer, bamboo ones are excellent and cheap, over a pot of steaming water.
- Pre-salt the skins of the beans with kosher or sea salt.
- When the beans are hot, bright in color, remove from heat and serve immediately.
- To eat the beans hold the bean pod between your thumb and forefinger and squeeze the bean (kids think they're shooting the bean into their mouth) into your mouth.
- Do the same with the next bean in the pod and so forth.
- Soy beans are an excellent source of vitamins. Kids think it's fun to eat them and adults love them too!