Julie's Scampi with Fettucini
- made this one up myself
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) raw shrimp, cleaned
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) virgin olive oil
- 4 oz (112 grm) white wine
- 4 tsp (20 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) basil (if fresh, use about 5 leaves, minced)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh garlic (I sometimes use 1 tblsp garlic in oil)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg) fettucini pasta
- Heat olive oil in pan and add 3 tblsp butter and garlic.
- Stir fry shrimp until just cooked, remove from pan.
- Add wine, lemon juice, a few grinds of pepper, and basil.
- Reduce by 1/2 then wisk in remaining 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter.
- Add shrimp back into pan and heat throughly.
- Serve over cooked fettucine
- I serve this with homemade fettucini, spinich salad with hot bacon
dressing, and homemade rolls.