- Allen Miglore
- 1 lb (.5 kg). catfish, cubed
- 1 lb (.5 kg). scallops
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can chicken broth
- 14 oz (392 grm). water
- 1 cup (225 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour
- Melt the butter and mix with flour to make a roux.
- Add the celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute until onions are soft.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Add any uncooked seafood and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add any pre-cooked seafood and heat through just before serving.
- Serve with salad and bread, or over rice.
- For a broth variation, drizzle a tsp of sherry over each serving.
- Another variation: try salmon instead of catfish.