Carpaccio With Sauce and Capers
- Carpaccio Sauce (makes 1 1/2 cups):
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 12 gerkins
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 anchovy filets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) capers
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). very lean top round or filet
- Herb Butter (makes 1 cup):
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped tarragon
- 1 cup (225 ml) unsalted butter, room temperature
- toasted baguette slices
- Carpacio Sauce:
- Put all ingredients except the oil into a food processor and chop everything coarsely.
- With the machine running, add the oil, slowly to make a creamy mixture.
- Put sauce into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Use the freshest meat possible.
- Put meat into the freezer for an hour to make slicing easier.
- Slice very thin, about 1/16 of an inch.
- Herb Butter:
- Put herbs into food processor and chop fine, add butter and mix.
- Serve with toast baquettes with herb butter spread on them, and top with the meat and carpaccio sauce.