- a delicious appetizer
- 8 ounces unspiced, lightly salted tortilla chips, or homemade tostaditas.
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) (about 10 ounces) grated medium-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 pickled jalapeno chilies, stemmed and minced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced(about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces sour cream, whisked until smooth and shiny
- Position a rack in the upper third of oven.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Layer half of the tortilla chips in a round 10" ovenproof serving dish.
- Scatter half the cheese and half the jalapenos over tortilla chips.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla chips are lightly browned.
- In a small pan, over medium heat, bring chili to simmer.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour chili evenly over the hot nachos.
- Sprinkle the onions evenly over the chili.
- Top the entire business with Sour cream, and serve at once.
- Repeat the process for second helpings.