Suzanne Dunaway's Foolproof Instant Ice Cream
- Ice cream made with fresh frozen fruits
- Suzanne Dunaway
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh frozen strawberries or raspberries or peaches
- (freeze your own with summer fruits - just add 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar to 2 cups (475 ml) fruit and freeze)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) additional sugar or a little more to taste
- 1 pint heavy cream
- tiny dash of vanilla
- Remove fruit from freezer.
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor.
- Break up fruit with an ice pick.
- Process cream until just thick. Do not liquify!
- Add frozen fruit and process just until ice cream texture is reached, less than one minute.
- Ice cream is now ready for a pretty dish and a great cookie.
- I use this just before serving dessert at many dinner parties and people always ask about it. I almost hate to disappoint them as this takes second to prepare and tastes as if you worked for days.