- An easy-made, natural and nutritious dessert
- Sarina in Hong Kong
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) syrup (made up from 1/4 lb (.1 kg). rock sugar and 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water)
- Dissolve rock sugar in boiling water; cool down.
- Beat eggs; add milk & cooled syrup; stir well.
- Pour mixture in porcelain bowls or other serving container; remove all bubbles.
- Cover each bowl of mixture with a plate or a baking sheet.
- Steam the mixture in wok or steamer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- This is a simple dessert that even my 4-yearold nephew can help make. Some friends make the egg custard with holes inside, like a beehive. Try this!