- Boneless chicken and spinach in a lemon-butter sauce
- Angela Creighton
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 oz (168 grm). sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz (112 grm). sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, saute spinach and onions in 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter then place in buttered baking dish.
- Cook chicken and mushrooms in remaining butter until chicken is browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center.
- Place chicken on top of spinach.
- Add wine to pan, then stir in flour.
- Slowly add the sour cream and stir until hot and thickened.
- Season sauce with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top of chicken then sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. A great company dish.