- a truly delicious dessert
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 cups (700 ml) granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 3 cups (700 ml) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dairy sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- Preheat oveon to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Grease and flour a 12 cups (2825 ml) Bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add egg yolks one at a time while beating.
- In small bowl, add baking soda to flour.
- Alternately add flour mixture, sour cream and flavorings to creamed mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- The secret to baking this is the 12-cup Bundt pan. It is a necessity. Make sure you have the recipe written out beforehand so you can give it the minute you are asked. Believe me you will be asked!