Shrimp Stuffed Chicken Rolls
- Julie Cross
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts, separated (12 pieces)
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped cooked shrimp
- 2 sticks butter (can substitute margarine)softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- oil for frying
- place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix together softened butter, onions, and shrimp (works best using your hands!)
- Divide mixture evenly amoung chicken breasts.
- Roll breasts from wide end to narrow.
- Secure with toothpicks (I have always used three for each breast, that way my family knows how many to look for!)
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Mix together salt, flour, and baking powder.
- Add enough water to make batter (about the consistancy of pancake batter.)
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in deep fry pan (350 degrees (175 C.) to 375 degrees)
- Dip each breast in batter and fry till crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and put in oven to keep warm while continuing to cook remainder of chicken.
- Serve immediately.
- I serve these with white rice and sweet and sour sauce.
For company, rather than batter and fry, I roll each
breast in italian seasoned bread crumbs, put in glass baking
dish, and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/4 hours.