- Bacon wrapped Marinaded Water Chestnuts
- Debbie from Monroe, Wa.
Serves/Makes:Abt 24 appetizers
- 2 cans water chestnuts drained whole or sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg) bacon
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 T catsup
- 1 T vinegar
- 1/4 t vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.) F.
- Cut whole water Chestnuts in half.
- Put chestnuts in marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the bacon strips in half & then take 1 half or 2 sliced chestnuts & roll bacon around, secure with toothpick & roll in brown sugar.
- Bake* for about 20 min turning occassonaly.
- *bake on foil wrapped deep cookie sheet.
- For best results place on cooling rack while baking these are pretty fatty & delicious!
- This recipe origionally came from my grandfather who was quite a chef!