- Bacon wrapped Marinaded Water Chestnuts
- Debbie from Monroe,Wa.
Serves/Makes:Abt 24 appetizers
- 2 cans water chestnuts drained whole or sliced
- 1lb bacon
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) catsup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.) F.
- Cut whole water chestnuts in half
- Put chestnuts in marinade for about 30 minutes
- Cut the bacon strips in half & then take 1 half or 2 sliced chestnuts & roll bacon around, secure with toothpick & roll in brown sugar.
- Bake* for about 20 min turning occassonaly
- *bake on foil wrapped deep cookie sheet, for best results place on cooling rack while baking these are pretty fatty & delicious!
- This recepie origionally came from my grandfather who was quite a chef!