Chilled Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Angela Creighton
- one 9 inch pie shell
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 ml) instant coffee or espresso in 1 tsp (5 ml) water (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) confectioners sugar
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in sugar, and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well.
- Stir in chopped pecans and melted butter mixture.
- Stir in coffee if using.
- Spread chocolate chips evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour pecan mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) F. for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature about 8 hours before serving.
- Pie will be soft.
- Combine cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whip until stiff.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream.