- a overnight salad that is very GOOD!!!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vinegar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, or margarine
- 1 can drained pineapple
- 1 can drained fruit cocktail
- 1 package (16 oz (448 grm).) mini- marshmallows
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Put the eggs, vinegar and sugar in a double boiler.
- Cook over medium heat and stir until thick.
- Remove from stove and stir in 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, cool.
- Mix together the fruit and marshmallows in a large serving bowl.
- Whip the whipping cream until fluffy and fold into the fruit.
- Pour the dressing over mixture and mix gently.
- Let stand over night or 24 hrs.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- This recipe comes from my Aunt Zelda who is now in her late 80s. Other fruit may be added. My mom,and her two sisters were famous in the family for their cooking.