- Frances Bishop
- 2 bags of navy beans
- 1 hambone
- 2 capfuls of vinegar
- The night before, soak the beans in a pot of water to soften.
- In the morning, drain the water off the beans, and fill pot with fresh water. Add the beans, the hambone, and the vinegar.
- Cook over a medium heat all day.
- As the soup thickens it will burn if not stirred constantly.
- You can adjust the amount of beans according to your needs.
- My mother made this when I was a little girl, she served it with cornbread and mashed potatoes. Now it is one of my children's favorite meals, too.