- Angela Creighton
- 4-1/2 pounds zucchini, chopped
- 4 large onions, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 2 tsp (10 ml) celery seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- Mix vegetables with salt in a large bowl and let stand for several hours or overnight to extract moisture.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain thoroughly.
- A salad spinner can be used for drying.
- Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients in a 5-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into warm, sterilized pint jars, leaving a 1/4 to 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a steam canner or boiling water bath for 10 minutes.