- Angela Creighton
- 1 large frying chicken, cut up
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (225 ml) bacon fat
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- Mix cream and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and let stand for one hour.
- Season flour with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from cream.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Melt bacon fat and shortening in skillet.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through.