- Angela Creighton
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) quick cooking hominy grits
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 6 ounces shredded American cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Add salt to water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add grits and return to boiling point.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until very thick, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, cheese, eggs, and pepper.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned.