Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe from The Melting Pot
- Angela Creighton
- 8 oz (224 grm). natural Swiss cheese, diced
- 8 oz (224 grm). Gruyere cheese, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Kirsch
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into 1" cubes
- Place cheese in plastic bag.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Toss until cheese is coated.
- Rub cut clove of garlic on bottom and sides of 3-quart saucepan.
- Add wine.
- Heat over low heat just until bubbles rise to surface (do not boil).
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add cheese, about 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in Kirsch.
- Pour into ceramic fondue pot over low heat.
- Use long-handled forks to spear bread cubes.
- Dip and swirl bread in fondue.