- Julie Cross
Serves/Makes:deep 9 x 13 pan or 10 x 14 pan
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 8 tbsp (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) mayonaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add water, mayonaise and vanilla.
- Mix on medium or medium high for about two minutes.
- pour into greased and floured deep 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Bake 350 degrees (175 C.) F for about one hour or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean
- This has been my husband's favorite cake for 28 years! It's the one everyone wants me to bake when there is a need for a cake. It's a very heavy cake.