Chocolate Layer Cake with Holes Punched
- Icing thin enough to run into holes of cake layers
- From My Mother's collection
Serves/Makes:depends on size of cake
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla flavoring
- Mix sugar, cocoa milk and margarine or butter in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes [ no more than 1 1/2 minutes].
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over warm cake layers with holes punched into each layer. Do the same for the next layers and so on.
- My Mother has used this recipe for years and upon her death in 1966 I inherited it. I have reared three children making that same cake and it is one of their favorites. Sure is good! Hope this is what you are looking for. Enjoy! Sincerely, Sandra Dillehay