Hot Fudge Walnut Pudding Cake
- Topped with ice cream this is like a hot fudge sundae
- Kathy Donovan
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) Hershey's cocoa, divided
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) hot water
- sweetened whipped cream
- chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F..
- In bowl, stir together 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar, flour, 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tbsp (60 ml) cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.
- Pour hot water over top; DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35-45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream) and walnuts. ENJOY!!!!!
- I believe this is a version of the recipe you are looking for. I had another that didn't use the chocolate chips in it but I couldn't locate the recipe. This recipe is just a bit more chocolate. Guaranteed to satisfy any chocoholic!!!