Garlic Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Pasta with basil Pesto and shrimp. Very, very easy!
- C. Cook
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pasta
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tubs pesto sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil or more
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Prepare the pasta to package directions.
- In a medium or large skillet, heat olive oil over med-high; add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook until they are all pink and have shrunk a little (that means they are cooked well through).
- After pasta has been drained, place it in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp and pesto tubs to pasta, stir well so that the pesto evenly coats all the pasta and shrimp.
- Serve immediately, as the pesto should not get hot.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and salt and pepper on top if you like.
- This is just a dish that I make when I can't go to the store to get anything. I always have a tub or two of pesto in the 'fridge because it goes so well with everything. I've done this dish with chicken before, as well as vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower with pecans). Be creative, you can do anything with this, and it's so delicious, it's always a big hit!