- If you like it hot you will love this. More Jalapenos-hotter
- Jean Brandt
- 10 cups (2350 ml) ground zucchini
- 4 cups (950 ml) ground onions
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) canning salt
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tumeric
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) nutmeg
- 2 teasppoons celery salt
- 10 cups (2350 ml) ground jalapeno peppers
- 3 cups (700 ml) ground carrots
- Take the zucchini, onions and canning salt, mix well let stand overnight.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Simlmer 30 minutes.
- Put into sterilized hot pint jars leaving headroom.
- Process in hot water bath 10 minutes.
- I like hot food so if I have more than 10 cups of ground jalapenos they
go in. Have put as many as 12 cups and it is fine. Measurements aren't
critical for this recipe.