- Chuck roast with vegetables in a mushroom sauce
- Steve Caton
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chuck roast
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) inexpensive Burgundy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 5 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms
- Place chuck roast in pan.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top and spoon mushroom soup on top of that.
- Pour in the wine and water.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut the carrots into two-inch lengths.
- Cut the onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put all the vegetables into the pan, along with the mushrooms, on and around the meat.
- Cover with foil (or top of roasting pan) to allow room above the vegetables.
- Place in oven at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 3 hours.
- This recipe works very well with crock pots and slow cookers, too.