Rack of Lamb with Moroccan Spice Rub
- Joy of Cooking
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- large pinch ground red pepper
- large pinch ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Have ready a rack of lamb.
- Mix all other ingredients well with a fork in a small bowl.
- Rub the paste all over it and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roast until a meat thermometer registers 125 degrees (50 C.) for rare, or 130 degrees (50 C.) for medium-rare.
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.