Lemon Curd Filling for Cheesecake
- Can also be marbled into a plain cheesecake.
- Joy of Cooking
Serves/Makes:1 2/3 cups
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon (yellow part only, not the white rind)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strained fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- In a medium stainless steel or enamel saucepan, whisk togeter until light in color the eggs, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add lemon juice and pieces of butter.
- Cook, whisking, over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Then whisk constantly until the mixture is thickened and simmer gently for a few seconds.
- Using a spatula, scrape the filling into a meium-mesh sieve set over a bowl and strain the filling into the bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Let cool, cover, and refrigerate to thicken.
- This keeps refrigerated for about 1 week.