Heather's Turkey Pasta Salad
- A turkey on regular pasta salad!!!
- Heather Blackman
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground turkey
- 2 tsp (10 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package pasta shells
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground allspice
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) finely choppped basil leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) italian seasoning
- 10-1/2 tsp (50 ml) minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (475 ml) Hellman's or Best Food's mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced pickles(if desired)
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely shredded chedder cheese
- Brown turkey in olive oil and cook thoroughly.
- Boil pasta according to directions on package.
- In a medium sized bowl mix cooked pasta and the spices, only adding half the basil, add mayonaise and mix well.
- Add cooked turkey, mix well.
- Add cheese and pickles, mix well.
- Refridgerate for at least an hour, maybe more if you can.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the basil and serve chilled.
- Can be served as a side or main dish. Great for hot summer days! It can even
be made in advanced!