- 1 lb (.5 kg). grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mild breakfast sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) dry biscuit mix
- 15 medium-small (canned) jalapeno peppers
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 package shake-n-bake
- Mix together 1/2 of cheese and all of sausage.
- Add biscuit mix and knead dough until stiff.
- Slit and seed jalapenos and stuff with remaining cheese pinching the pepper closed around the cheese.
- Pinch off some of the sausage mixture and pat into a pancake about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place pepper in center of pancake and wrap in the shape of an egg.
- Roll each "egg" in shake-n-bake, dip in beaten egg, and then roll in shake-n-bake again.
- Bake in oven at 300 for 25 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble out.
- They will be soft at first. Let them cool for ten minutes and they will firm up.