- Marinated tri tip roast, sliced and served with gravy
- cline adams
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic or more,lots more!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tabasco, don't be shy
- 1 cup (225 ml) teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) red wine (something good to drink)
- 1 large tri tip roast, trimmed slightly
- Drop roast into a large 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) size ziploc bag.
- Toss in all other ingredients.
- Marinate in fridge overnight, this freezes well and will thaw wonderfully.
- Prepare wood or charcoal fire, best in Weber barbecue.
- Grill meat until done, reserving marinade for gravy.
- Pour marinade through filter into sauce pan and bring to boil/simmer 10 minutes.
- Thicken marinade with your favorite method, slice tri tip thinly and place into gravy.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or on grilled French roll.
- As you expand this marinade, make sure you keep the volume of teriyaki and
wine even. The rest you can play with.