Chevy's Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium/large russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced fresh garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Bake the potatoes by first rubbing them lightly with oil and then baking them in the preheated oven for 1 hour until they are tender. Cool.
- Mash potatoes and remove about half of the skin. You want to leave the rest in.
- Melt the butter in a large suacepan over medium heat, then add garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring often until garlic mashed potatoes are very hot. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
- Serves 4.
- Copyright 1999 Top Secret Recipes, Inc. - All Rights Reserved
- This is a great site if you're looking for restaurant recipes.