- Jackie Smith
- apples, peeled and sliced, enough to generously fill a 9-inch pie plate
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts, or pecans
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- Lightly grease pie plate and add apples.
- Melt butter and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread mixture over apples.
- Bake 375 degrees (200 C.) for 35-45 minutes or until apples are cooked and top is brown.
- Cut in wedges and serve warm with heavy cream that has been whipped with sugar and vanilla.